So one thing I plan to start doing on my new site is to start sharing my goals. I am hoping this will help me to achieve them and it also gives you a small look into my life. I already set up my goals a few weeks ago and have already started working on them but I am going to share them with you. Towards the end of June or beginning of July I will update all of you on how I did in completing my goals and give you a look at my goals for the next two months.
I will start with my more professional goals or ones aimed at the blog and my writing.
- Start a Newsletter – I am currently working on setting one up and will post more about that later.
- Finish my research for new series – I have an idea for an adult paranormal/mythological romance series but there is a lot of research that I need to complete. I’m not even close to half way done with it, so, hopefully, by the end of June, I will have that finished.
- Edit the first draft of Savior – This is the book that I had mentioned before and my editing has not been going good lately. I’m only on chapter 4 of like 30 something chapters.
- Finish the new website – I have been working my butt off on this one and I hope it is finished by the end of this month. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.
- Review ARC of Water & Flame – So I finished reading this and just need to write and post my review. I think you will like this book!
- Post on my blog 6 times each month – working on it!
- Write more short stories/flash fiction – I want to have enough stories to make a small collection to give out with my newsletter soon so hopefully I can get a few going.
- Post on Social Media twice a week – I’ve actually have been posting like three or four times a week lately, so check out my twitter and instagram to stay informed!
Phew! That was a lot! However, I’m not even close to done with all of my goals. Next is my more personal ones.
- Organize the kitchen – We moved into the house in August 2016 and I just kind of tossed stuff in cupboards and its’ a mess! I need to reorganize everything. Plus, my blender is MIA.
- Clean everyday – Been doing this for a while but summer is a busy time for us so I need to be reminded to do this.
- Read for 30 minutes everyday – I’m actually trying to limit myself on how much I read in a day otherwise I leave no time for other things in my life but this might get bumped up to an hour a day.
- Potty training – some of you may know that I have four kids. One of which is 2 1/2 and I’m ready to be done with the whole diaper thing so I want to start potty training her soon.
- Exercise 4 times a week – Sitting at my computer for most of the day does not do well for my body and I need to get up and move a bit more.
- Organize my Dining Room – The same thing kind of happened with this one as with the kitchen. I just need to do a deep clean of my house, I think.
- Read 2 books a month – Ok so I always go way over this but I put a low number so I can get into the flow of Summer again and not overwhelm myself. I have already met my goal for this month but I’m not putting pressure on myself to read more than the two which is really nice.
Ok, so those are all my goals for May and June. I’m working hard on completing them and I really hope this helps me to manage my time a bit better. Remember to keep an eye out for news about my new website being launched as well as the newsletter.
What are your goals for this month? I’d love to hear what everyone else is working on!